We are a bunch of geeky, passionate and independent individuals looking for a Lead Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Oslo. You will be working with our data science team to build scalable and reliable infrastructure to facilitate rapid experimentation and shipping of our machine learning models. Our data science team works on continuously improving the natural language understanding powering the chatbots.
Join an experienced and highly motivated team that wants to iterate quickly from ideas to production-ready cloud services!
Our current stack
The infrastructure for the machine learning models is hosted on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), where we run the services in Kubernetes clusters on Kubernetes Engine. We use Google Cloud Build to automate build and deploy of the machine learning services, which are served as REST APIs. Note that we are very open to trying out new things and that this stack is by no means set in stone!
- Designing, building, shipping and maintaining highly scalable infrastructure for training and serving machine learning models in the cloud
- Define and improve our infrastructure and continuous deployment routines, from experimentation to shipping to production
- Drive the infrastructure forward and be on top of recent developments and best practices in infrastructure architectures and cloud solutions
- Collaborate closely with our data science team, helping them iterate quickly from ideas to production-ready cloud services. You will be discussing various architectures, finding the best solution together and translating that into infrastructure architectures in the cloud
- Monitoring the infrastructure, setting up uptime checks, alerts, self-healing, etc. to ensure that we are always on top in case something goes down or does not work as expected
A bit about you
- You have working experience with cloud infrastructure, such as Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
You have working experience with Docker and container-based architectures, such as Kubernetes
You have experience with building and shipping systems to the cloud
- You are passionate about designing and building scalable infrastructure architecture and automating as much as possible
- You enjoy standing by the whiteboard, sketching up infrastructure architectures and discussing it with colleagues
- You are interested in machine learning and AI and eager to learn more
- Experience with programming/scripting in programming languages such as Python and Bash
- If you are passionate about Docker, Kubernetes or just infrastructure in general, but feel that you can’t tick off all the boxes, we still want to hear from you!
- Fresh offices at Grünerløkka in Oslo
- Inclusive and motivated colleagues in a fun and relaxed work environment
- Work with product development in an up-and-coming language technology company
- Competitive terms